[Development] Running Qt on Tizen emulator

Tomasz Olszak olszak.tomasz at gmail.com
Fri May 10 09:29:34 CEST 2013

2013/5/8 Tomasz Olszak <olszak.tomasz at gmail.com>

>> Hello,
>>
>> As my spare-time project I'm trying to run Qt on Tizen emulator<https://developer.tizen.org/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.tizen.gettingstarted%2Fhtml%2Fdev_env%2Femulator.htm>.
>> I was able to successfully build Qt on this emulator with xcb
>> implementation of QPA.
>> Unfortunately I have encountered a few problems.
>> I tried to run a simple qml application (fullscreen red rectangle) with
>> qmlscene but with no luck.
>>
>> Here are some informations which, I hope, could help to resolve the
>> problem.
>>
>> 1. Logs from running qmlscene: http://pastebin.com/GFMaK71g . As you see
>> proper visualId is choosen although egl returned -2.
>>  2. VisualId = 85 (decimal) is proper because modified glxinfo -v
>> returns: http://pastebin.com/NVwJFgKF .
>> 3. Events
>> _NET_CM_WINDOW_EFFECT_CLIENT_STATE, _NET_CM_WINDOW_EFFECT_CLIENT_STATE,
>> _X_ILLUME_ACTIVATE_WINDOW should not cause any problems because are related
>> to enlightenment WM
>> 4.  STRANGE:
>>     4.1 Windows are working however they are transparent. When I added
>> MouseArea inside rectangle, onClicked handler worked as expected. So i
>> concluded that problem lies in graphics stack.
>>     4.2 When I change root object from Rectangle to Item it works (white
>> screen shows), but not every time (sometimes it's like with rectangle -
>> transparent window)
>>     4.3 When I used Image instead of Item i worked only once (i tried
>> tens of times).
>>
>> I hope that someone more experienced in this area have any clue.
>> --
>> Pozdrawiam/Regards,
>> Tomasz Olszak
>>

> Sorry but I forgot to add space after pastebin links. Here are correct
> ones:
>
> Logs from running qmlscene: http://pastebin.com/GFMaK71g
>  glxinfo -v output: http://pastebin.com/NVwJFgKF
>

> Best Regards,
> Tomasz Olszak

Problem is probably caused by graphics stack and gles which apparently does
not handle access from multiple threads. When I
exported QML_BAD_GUI_RENDER_LOOP=1 almost all applications works(ex. Qt
Conematic experience). Problem is with static applications (red rectangle)
without any animations - it looks like only part of the window is drawed.

So as for now - SOLVED.

--
Pozdrawiam/Regards,
Tomasz Olszak