[Development] Please warn of force pushes...

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at digia.com
Tue May 14 09:23:36 CEST 2013

On Tuesday 23. April 2013 09.46.03 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 23 de abril de 2013 18.20.11, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
[...]
> > > But you're not offering a better solution either. You're just dismissing
> > > the
> >
> > > problem completely:
> > indeed, my solution is dismissing this NON-problem.
>
> Thank you for your opinion. Since I'm entitled to mine, we have an impasse.

Just to throw in another opinion:

I'm with Ossi on this one. We use the term WIP for stuff that is in flux.
Changes in Gerrit prefixed with "WIP" imply random rebasing for example. Unless
you're talking to the author you shouldn't make any assumptions.

If we use the term "wip" also in branches, why not apply the same rules (keep
hands off unless you're working with the folks) ?

Simon