[Development] Documentation Review for 5.1

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Thu May 16 19:24:21 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Pasion Jerome <Jerome.Pasion at digia.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For C++ API changes, it's easy to tag with the \since command ("\since 5.1", for example).
> For QML types, we don't have a clear way of aggregating new changes because the types are tied to the
> QML modules ("\inqmlmodule QtQuick 2", for example).
>
> Essentially, module identification in QML docs is not completely defined and not consistent across modules.

What's not completely defined?

I can understand not "consistent" across modules. I thought that with
modularization even the C++ modules could pick their own release
schedules/versions, but it looks like we've only reached this with QML
so far. But this was a deliberate choice, at least for QML modules, so
we need to be able to work with it. Could we have a list of new
modules in a given release somewhere, and have qdoc work from that?
Something like \qmlmodulerelease QtQuick 2.1 Qt 5.1 ?

> Some discussions involved adding parameters to the \since command or to have multiple \since commands in the QML type documentation (\since 5.1 and \since QtQuick 2.0).
>
>  For now, we would need to specifically list the additions manually. For 5.2, I assume that the QML module versions will be incremented, so we need to look at the issue more seriously.

Okay, how should we manually specify additions? QML module minor
versions have been incremented in 5.1 already, so I don't see why we
can't have that serious look now (which might mean the issues will be
solved for 5.2, also expected to have a minor version increment for
many modules).

--
Alan Alpert