[Development] PROPOSAL: QtWidgets: Add setRowVisible and setColumnVisible to QTableView

Roman Inflianskas infroma at gmail.com
Tue May 21 14:25:07 CEST 2013

Hi, Thorbjørn

I understood situation with show/hide/setHidden methods. In my opinion if
there were no methods setRowHidden/setColumnHidden (and many others with
name "set*Hidden") choice between set*Hidden and set*Visible could be
discussed, but now this talk is senseless.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Thorbjørn Martsum <tmartsum at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think you are reading the documentation a bit wrong. Read (all) class
> member-functions to understand it.

Yes, you are right. I should read docs more carefully. But I got accustomed
to cross-links between descriptions of methods, so often I read docs like I
read wikipedia. I think if methods are connected it would better if they
were have cross-links between each other (QWidget's method
show<http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qwidget.html#show>has links to
setVisible and isVisible). I know, that linking methods is
routine work. In fact I have some ideas how to link articles automatically,
but unfortunately my examinations are getting closer and I have no time to
implement them.

And I think I shouldn't participate in documentation process directly
because of my poor English.

Regards, Roman Inflianskas