[Development] CI status as of 22. May 2013

Sarajärvi Tony Tony.Sarajarvi at digia.com
Wed May 22 14:15:20 CEST 2013

Hi

A summary of all the problems and current status.

1)      Jenkins drops connections to clients - PARTIALLY FIXED

Initially this was only a windows problem, that occurred when we updated Java from U7 to U17. Apparently at the same time, some of the Javas on some machines got f#¤ked and we ended up with servers that didn't really have neither or both. This was partially fixed with reverting back to U7 with Puppet. However we still had some machines having this mess even today. Janne Anttila aided us and went through all 50 machines by hand and fixed the Java versions.

Today we also found one Mac 10.7 that has the same symptoms. Reason for this unknown. Cure: We brought the node offline and will look at it later.

2)      Android builds failing - NOT FIXED, BUT BYPASSED

Initially you saw failing builds, as we ran on update on the tool chain. A 32bit tool chain was replaced with a 64bit. Puppet isn't limited to removing stuff while a build is running, so some builds crashed as the Android NDK was removed beneath them. Then the new version required a new 64bit host definition to the configure, which we found out after a build break. I added it to the configure line, but the old one remained in the environment variable settings, which I didn't know about. Problems are partially fixed, but we still have a few changes that are needed. If I glanced through the last mail correctly, we need to update tools to newer ones.

But, all Android builds are currently 'forcesuccess', which means that they will pass regardless of the build result.

3)      CMake - NOT FIXED

We updated Cmake to 2.8.11. Could be that this caused Windows 8 builds to cause fatal errors in linking. Still under investigation what causes this.

4)      Windows 8's cmd.exe problem - NOT FIXED

This has been a problem since last year. Randomly Windows 8 fails builds due to this. Won't go any deeper on that one here.

I might have missed some reason, I'll add to this list and keep you up to date daily on where we are regarding these.

Regards,
-Tony

Tony Sarajärvi
Senior Software Designer
Digia, Qt

Digia Plc
Elektroniikkatie 10
FI-90590 Oulu

Email: tony.sarajarvi at digia.com<mailto:tony.sarajarvi at digia.com>
Mobile: +358 050 482 1416
http://qt.digia.com
| Blog<http://blog.digia.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/digiaonline> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/5119> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/digiaonline> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/digiaonline> |
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it. Digia Plc does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message.