[Development] androiddeployqt - how it works or should work?

Felipe Crochik qt-project at b2-4ac.com
Fri Nov 1 19:01:13 CET 2013

I understand androiddeployqt is supposed to separate the "deployment"  from
qt but to be honest so far it seems to be harder than before - probably
because I just don't know how is supposed to work.

Before you would have all the "android files" added to your project and
could control them with the *.pro file and macros.

If I am guessing right, now anything that is specific to android is "auto
generated" and if the developer wants to customize  he has to add to the
project and add something like "ANDROID_PACKAGE_SOURCE_DIR = $$PWD/android"
 to the tell the tool to copy these files over the auto generated ones.

Is there any documentation for how to control androiddeployqt? A few things
that I couldn't figure out:

1. how to get rid of all the "--Added-by-androiddeployqt--" items that get
"bundled_in_assets" ? I assume I can edit the "libs.xml" but not sure this
is the recommended way.

2. creating a "custom" AndroidManifest.xml file is something that I imagine
will happen quite often but it seems that the file includes things that are
auto generated. Is there any mechanism in place to merge "my version" with
the changes from the tool?

3. With the first qt5.2 beta all the plugins were included automatically.
With the one today it seems that this has changed. For instance the
qmllocalstorageplugin is not included automatically anymore. Is this a bug
or is it something that I have to manually specify (if so, how?)