[Development] [Qt-components] Propose new Qt Quick component

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 05:09:50 CET 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Alessandro Mommo
<alessandro.mommo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Helo,
> this is my first post and i don't now if this is the right place.
> However, I would like to propose two items for the Qt Quick Controls module,
> ideal, but not only, for mobile application running on touch devices.
> One is a Spinner like that in the Qt 4.8 qml examples with some enhancement
> in the presentation and in the usability.
> Another is a Combobox, similar to the one already existing but with a
> customizable delegate that, unlike the current one, lets visualize virtually
> any model the user wants as well as a more attractive look. Another thing
> missing in the current one, but available in my implementation, is the
> ability to increase the height of the rows in the ListView, which greatly
> limits its usability on touch devices.
> What should I do to propose the components in such a way as they can be
> taken into consideration for inclusion in future release?

2 things to do.

1) Email the development(cc'd) or qt-interest list. The qt-components
list is defunct and should have been shut down by now. Then you can
see what other people think of the idea.

I like the idea of the touch spinner (which could just be a
touch-variant of the SpinBox). But the customizable delegate combobox
is either already there, hidden behind the Styles API, or so custom
that they may as well write the combobox part as well as the fully
custom delegate.

2) To be even more considered, show some code on gerrit (or github or
similar, if you've already written versions of these components that
you want to share as an example).

--
Alan Alpert