[Development] Compile qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5 failed.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 13:33:17 CET 2013

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 11:54:57 +0000, Bruning Michael wrote:

> I suppose you are using GCC version 4.7 or newer

Yes, see the following for detail:

werner at debian-asus:~$ gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2
PURPOSE.

> and have the gold
> linker installed. Linking QtWebKit using gold does not work with that
> GCC version, but the flag that sets it as the linker is added to
> QMAKE_LFLAGS anyway if gold is installed.
>
> A quick workaround for this is to edit the file
> src/3rdparty/webkit/Source/common.pri in your qt source tree and comment
> out the following lines with a #:
>
> #message(Using gold linker)
> #QMAKE_LFLAGS+=-fuse-ld=gold

Thanks a lot for your hints.  But I've tried to comment out the following
block in that file and also can complile it successfully:

#linux-g++ {
#isEmpty($$(SBOX_DPKG_INST_ARCH)):exists(/usr/bin/ld.gold) {
#    message(Using gold linker)
#    QMAKE_LFLAGS+=-fuse-ld=gold
#}
#}

What's the difference between this two workarounds?

Regards