[Development] Qt 4.8.6 Release Plans

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 17:01:50 CET 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Sorvig Morten <Morten.Sorvig at digia.com>wrote:

> On 02 Nov 2013, at 17:58, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On quarta-feira, 30 de outubro de 2013 07:29:56, Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> >> We should have the applications made with Qt 4.8.5 on Mac OS 10.7 (for
> >> example) working in 10.9 without serious issues. And we should be able
> >> agree together what is a serious enough issue to take the risk with 5.2
> >> getting delayed due to making of 4.8.6. One option is to make a patch
> >> available and ask users to build themselves.
> >
> > I'm getting complaints from our Subsurface devs on Mac that 4.8.5 is
> utterly
> > broken there.
> >
> > Does anyone know what patches have already been applied to 4.8.6 that are
> > needed for Mavericks support? What the outstanding issues are, if any?
>
> We have a couple of patches in flight:
>
> Applied:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,69325 (corewlan compile fix)
>
> Pending:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,69327 (colorspace related
> performance regression, Shawn is handling this one)
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,69328 (Webkit compile fix -
> help needed by webkit expert)
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,70097 (Correct system font)
> QTBUG-34107 (qfiledialog sandboxing issue) (Qt 5 patch:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,70382)

Cool,
I've been in touch with the macports patch author and he submitted a number
of his patches this morning for review. I'm sure they overlap, but perhaps
there are changes there that could help as well (I haven't reviewed any of
them yet):

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,70443
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,70442
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,70441