[Development] QTimeZone (was: Re: Qt 5.2 header diff: QtCore)

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Wed Nov 6 10:29:45 CET 2013

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 06:16:12PM +0100, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 05, 2013 14:32:03 John Layt wrote:
> > >
> > > IMO, it would be more readable to use QT_NO_TIMEZONE, which is then set
> > > by QT_BOOTSTRAPPED.
> >
> > Yes, making time zones optional was something I was going to look at
> > for 5.3 along with configure flags to choose native or TZ/ICU time
> > zones.  However I could probably change just this if people want.
> > Someone would just need to point me to where/how to do the configure
> > magic :-)
>
> For booststrapping, just git-grep for QT_NO_QOBJECT.

that recommendation makes no sense, other than for finding a subset of
the exclusions relevant for bootstrapping. hardly helpful in this case.

> You also should add it to in the style you find there to
> src/corelib/global/qconfig-*.h, but that's entirely optional and I
> don't know the rules regarding changing those files.

that is correct. minimal and possibly small should get the define.
the actual definition of the feature exclusion happens in qfeatures.txt.
then you need to add it to the qmake and tools/configure projects and
makefile template.