[Development] First Qt 5.2 RC1 snapshot available

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Wed Nov 13 14:08:51 CET 2013

Hi all,
There is now snapshot available: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.2/5.2.0-rc1/

Packages are now done from release branch and labeled as 'rc1'.  These are first packages from release branch. Please test these and report your findings immediately. As you should know we are planning to publish Qt 5.2 RC1 next Tuesday 19th November 2013 so we need to fix all needed issues during this week!

No new Qt5 changes from release branch in these installers at this time, just a merged content from stable.

Qt5 changes after #134:

* qtactiveqt
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtandroidextras
> Fix note about jni references in documentation.
> Fix bug in code snippet.
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtbase
> [...]
> Cocoa: fix a crash in QCocoaFileDialogHelper
> qfeatures.txt: add section about XML schema
> Dialogs: provide the StandardButton->ButtonRole mapping in QPA
> Android: Allow modules to specify permissions/features
> add/remove window only when the window is shown/hidden
> Windows: Do not set transient parent on popups.
> Add a warning message when a WM_DESTROY not triggered by Qt is received.
> Revert "Add tracing to logging framework"
> qdoc: Dont include internal QML types
> qdoc: Fix output file name generation for examples
> QNX: Fixed "normalPosition" of touch events
> Add missing Q_INIT_RESOURCE
> Android: allow installing apps to SD card by default
> tst_QFlags: make constExpr() check compile on clang trunk
> QUrlTwoFlag: add two missing constexpr
> Q(UrlTwo)Flags: avoid undefined behavior
> iOS: set active window upon calls to requestActiveWindow
> Doc: Fix cross-module links
> EglFS: make sure resize events are delivered
> Android: Fix registerClipboardManager semaphore initialization
> Android: Catch any startActivity exceptions
> QMetaType: Fix conversion between module types.
> Android: Fix menu on API-11+
> iOS: Remove unused QIOSWindow methods for getting effective width/height
> Clarify Q_INIT_RESOURCE in relation to namespaces
> Dont hardcode devicePixelRatio to 1.
> Doc: update Qt Creator external pages
> Revert "Use Qts own glyph cache with the freetype engine."
> Android: prevent main activity to be recreated.
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.
> Add note about fullscreen on Android to changes-5.2.0
> Make OpenGL texture glyph cache use the right freetype glyphs
> QGlobal: static_assert that sizeof(int) == 4 and UCHAR_MAX == 255
> Force length fo licensee literals to be computed at runtime
> Doc: Add a little more information about current dirs
> Remove two unused functions from QAccessibleTabBar
> QIntegerForSize: add test
> Disable threaded rendering for Intel HD 3000 cards.
> Revert "Ensure CSS rules are inherited from the parent tags"
> Add missing \since 5.1 for QVector::takeFirst() and ::takeLast()
> QStandardPaths: add GenericConfigLocation
> tst_qurl: add test for matches() with empty vs null case
> Add better version checks for accessibility
> Support native event filters for screen events
> Declare Cocoa conversion funcs in objc-mode only.
> Cocoa (OpenGL): If no view is attached, makeCurrent() should return false
> Cocoa: Dont hide views when reparenting
> Improve documentation of QImageIOPlugin
> Fix placeholder text in QTextBrowser
> Test that QMetaObject::invokeMethod is exception safe
> Test exceptions in signals and slots
> Disallow deep or widely nested entity references.
> Resolve Qt module deps before determining if QML import scanner is needed
> Remove Q_INIT_RESOURCE_EXTERN
> qdoc: Eliminate qobject_cast() collision
> Clean up QWindowsSessionManager.
> iOS: Enable threaded OpenGL.
> Clarify use of Q_INIT_RESOURCE
> Process screen events in the main thread

* qtconnectivity
> Unwarn on clang
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtdeclarative
> Add a verbose mode to qml
> Intercept qmldir files with the url interceptor
> Implement missing compare() function for Raised/Sunken text
> Animate when only one out of several windows is exposed.
> Debugging with V4
> moveOffset in QQuickPathView::modelUpdated uninitialized
> Fix assert with native text rendering.
> Avoid using huge floating point values in the renderer.
> Add a new variant of qmlRegisterSingletonType for QML singletons.
> Fallback to native font rendering for bitmap fonts.
> For x86 builds, try to detect SSE2 availability early and bail out
> Remove stray warn_off in pri file
> Fix a few more compiler warnings in release builds
> Workaround for glyph upload bug with the Mali-400 GPU.
> Make QQuickWindow::forcePolish() private.
> Remove include of empty QAccessible2 header
> Remove debug output
> Move Primitive::emptyValue() to qv4value_def_p.h.
> Remove debugging tests for commands not used by Qt Creator.
> Initialize variable
> Simplify & speed up function calling
> Fix crash in animation controller upon destruction
> Generalize check for localtime_r
> MessageDialog: handle clicked(button, role) signal properly
> DefaultMessageDialog: use gadget StandardButton type
> Fill recursive ShaderEffectSource with transparent when using alpha.
> Fix FolderListModel versioning
> Fix crash when invalidating QSGContext.
> Refactored Animator internals
> Version pixelDensity consistently
> Initialize variables before using them.
> Replace QString::fromUtf8() with QString::fromLatin1() for literals
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.
> Fix build on WinRT
> Ensure the this object is set correctly to the scope object in binding expressions
> Fix QQuickText hover event handling
> Fix XHR
> Generate inline code for "foo == null/undefined"
> Smaller optimisations
> Remove 2 unused macros
> Move conversion of this object into generated code
> Dont initialize locals for simple script functions
> Minor optimisations
> Remove code thats not required anymore
> Dont run the GC too often
> Optimise string additions
> Fix rounding behavior of Qml when assigning doubles to integer properties
> Remove time type documentation
> Dont propagate mouse events to disabled MouseAreas
> Refactor marking GCed objects
> Add missing Q_INIT_RESOURCE
> Add missing namespace wrappers for QQuickItemsModule
> Doc: Fix broken links
> Replace Message attached property with gadget types

* qtdoc
> Doc: Updated the iOS platform notes
> Doc: update 3rd party license documentation
> Doc: Move threading overviews from qtbase.git to qtdoc.git
> Doc: add link to Qbs Manual to the Development Tools topic
> Doc: Fix broken links
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.
> Doc: update screen shot of Qt Creator Welcome mode
> Doc: Added GNU Free Documentation License link from licenses page.

* qtgraphicaleffects
> Document recursion limitations of the graphical effects.
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtimageformats
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtlocation
> Fix compiler warning.
> Add BlackBerry positioning plugin for QtLocation
> Fix occasional crash in Geoclue plugin.
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtmacextras
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.
> examples: make macfunctions build again

* qtmultimedia
> Fix BB10 build
> QNX: Restructure plugins
> Support plain QNX in mm-renderer mediaplayer impl
> Android: Add permissions/features for Qt Multimedia module
> Add classname entry to qmldir file.
> Android: use correct format when capturing a picture to a buffer.
> Android: fix two race conditions in the media player.
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtquick1
> Debugger: Fix debugging with newer Qt Creators

* qtquickcontrols
> Make BusyIndicator style use threaded animations
> Update changelog for Qt 5.2
> Fix warning in Tests_TabView::test_mousePressOnTabBar
> Tests: Fix warning in activeFocusOnTab test
> Optimize TableView by using ImageProvider
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.
> Fix input method committing

* qtscript
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtsensors
> Doc: Update Sensor Explorer example
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtserialport
> Fix the properties counter declaration place
> Add an entry in the 5.2.0 change for the extended Android lock file support
> Add a new simple and command line async reader example
> Add /dev/ttyO* to get the native serial port listed on Android with Beagleboard
> Unify the QString creation from udev return values (char*)
> Add a fallback lock file path (r/w) for Android
> Eliminate the crash on Unix caused by the QLockFile usage
> Fix the build on Linux with Qt4
> Doc: Updating the Qt Serial Port URL.
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.
> Define QStringLiteral when undefined (e.g. Qt 4)
> Use the QLockFile source on Unix only to avoid errors on other platforms
> Use local QLatin1Char as opposed to a static QLatin1String
> Replace the home-grown QTtyLocker with QLockFile

* qtsvg
> Android: Make libQt5Xml.so a default dependency of Qt Svg
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qttools
> windeployqt: Move finding shared libraries into a function in utils.
> androiddeployqt: Support default permissions/features for module
> Qt Designer: Implement property() for QAxWidgetPropertySheet.
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.
> Make macdeployqt deploy audio plugins.

* qtwebkit
> Fix fullscreen support with GStreamer

* qtwinextras
> Prefix the various CLSID/IID symbols by q.
> Fix static linkage
> Add Quick Player example
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtx11extras
> Doc: Updated url variable in qdocconf files.

* qtxmlpatterns