[Development] Staging changes in release branch

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Wed Nov 13 18:49:19 CET 2013

Hi,

On Tuesday 12 November 2013 12:46:46 Heikkinen Jani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have agreed in release team that Antti Kokko (irc: ankokko) will monitor
> all approved changes in release branch and stage all clear ones (fixes for
> P1 & P0 issues) automatically. Unclear changes (p2 or lower + changes
> without bug ID) will be handled case by case by change owner + release team
> (Antti will host discussion via email).
>
> For you who didn't know: Antti started 1.11.2013 in release team in Oulu. A
> lot of work and challenging tasks for him right from the start are the best
> way to learn. Whole release team will support Antti with all this!

First of all thanks to Antti for taking this on. However, is it wise to have a
single person be responsible for this? The issue is that we are still dealing
with a CI system that see's issues with tests meaning that some changes take
several attempts to get through the CI even if the change is good.

Right now there are no changes either staged or integrating which is wasting
the precious little time we have before the RC is tagged.

I would therefore like to request that we have more than one person able to
stage changes to help cover times when Antti is not available.

Cheers,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK