[Development] Moving JP2 imageformat from qt-solutions to qtimageformats

Jake Petroules jake.petroules at petroules.com
Wed Nov 13 22:55:30 CET 2013

On Nov 8, 2013, at 9:53 AM, Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll at digia.com> wrote:

> +1 to moving the plugins to qtimageformats. That¹s what we have the module
> for.
>
> And I don¹t think moving ICNS is an issue neither, as long as we have a
> configure test in qtimageformats to detect whether we can compile the
> plugin.
>
> Cheers,
> Lars

I've begun the process of moving the JPEG 2000 handler to QtImageFormats.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,71245
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,71246

I did the minimum necessary to get the JP2 plugin fitting with the layout of the existing repository - filenames, class names, fixed code style (indentation, d-pointer) and spelling errors in comments enough to quiet sanity bot, but other than that no significant changes were made.

Amazingly, the ancient JasPer still builds on modern OS X 10.9. I used version 1.701.0 in my testing as a comment in the Qt Solutions documentation indicated that the latest 1.900.1 does not work.

Build and install JasPer (default install prefix is /usr/local):
./configure --enable-shared
make
sudo make install

Build and test QtImageFormats:
qmake -r
make
cd tests/
make check

The JP2 plugin should be built and should work; I turned the example from the Qt Solutions versions into an autotest.

The plugin code looks very messy and the testing is obviously minimal, but any cleanup and possible replacement of JasPer with OpenJPEG as previously discussed, can be done in a followup commit if someone's up to the task.
--
Jake Petroules
Chief Technology Officer
Email: jake.petroules at petroules.com