[Development] StereoViewport for Qt3D

Svenn-Arne Dragly s at dragly.com
Thu Nov 21 11:27:58 CET 2013

On to. 21. nov. 2013 kl. 10.17 +0100, Svenn-Arne Dragly wrote:
> What I could do to yield better performance is to reuse the picking
> buffer from last time if it the scene has not changed. That way the
> same scene should be painted only twice - once for the view and once
> for the picking buffer. This is what is done in QGLView.

I take that back. There's a bit of logic in Viewport that calls the
render() method on each mouse move already, likely because picking
could initiate something that would require a re-rendering of the scene
(for instance if the user changes an object's color on an hover event).
I think I'll just leave it as is for now, even though there is a
performance impact this way.

Svenn-Arne