[Development] OpenGL drivers

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Fri Nov 29 15:53:55 CET 2013

On Friday 29 November 2013 14:20:48 Robert Knight wrote:
> > As many of you might already have noticed, OpenGL drivers are not always
> > working as well as would like.
> To what extent does this apply to different platforms and vendors? Is
> Qt doing anything different from other GL apps on the same platform or
> are they facing the same issues?

I think it's just that we're trying to use OpenGL on many machines that would
otherwise not use it and therefore finding all of the old or otherwise broken
drivers or misconfigurations or problematic hardware.

For anybody with an Optimus setup or running with an Intel GPU on Windows,
please try updating your drivers as they have improved very rapidly in the
last 12 months or so.

Cheers,

Sean

--