[Development] Flat directory structure for Qt 5.2 documentation

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Mon Sep 2 12:07:29 CEST 2013

On 02/09/2013 09:52, Smith Martin wrote:

> Two reasons. First, so people can enter documentation page paths without knowing the module subdirectory they are in. Second, so the pages will appear first in google searches.

Third, my rather obscure use case:
switching between Qt4 and Qt5 doc URLs more easily.

Enter
     http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtcore/qstring.html
OK, let's have a look at the Qt4 version now by modifying the version
     http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qtcore/qstring.html
404! Darn, I forgot to remove the module name
     http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qstring.html
That's the right one.

"OK, but don't you know that there's a combobox that lets you choose the
Qt version?" Yeeees, but I'd rather not use the mouse for that. :)

Cheers,

Joerg

--
Joerg Bornemann