[Development] Fwd: Change in qt/qtbase[dev]: Enable -Werror for all of qtbase

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Wed Sep 4 16:37:54 CEST 2013

-developer-buildOn 4 September 2013 15:21, Poenitz Andre
<Andre.Poenitz at digia.com> wrote:

> That's wasting our time, as predicted.
>
> ../../corelib/tools/qdatetime.cpp: In function 'time_t qt_mktime(QDate*, QTime*, QDateTimePrivate::Spec*, QString*, bool*)':
> ../../corelib/tools/qdatetime.cpp:258:34: error: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Werror=sign-compare]
> cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
>
> Together with the recent insistence that it's fine to submit non-compilable
> chances I start wondering about the direction.
>
> Andre'

Apologies, that's a change I recently merged that has been on Gerrit
since before Thiago's change, so snuck past.  There's a patch for it
already at https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,64642 .  I
suspect there will be a few pain points like that until the Gerrit
backlog drains.

The real problem is not Thiago's change per se, but instead CI
allowing changes with warnings like mine to be merged.  Perhaps we
need to revert until CI has the required -developer-build instances?

John.