[Development] Fwd: Change in qt/qtbase[dev]: Enable -Werror for all of qtbase

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Sep 4 20:22:13 CEST 2013

On quarta-feira, 4 de setembro de 2013 16:03:31, Tor Arne Vestbø wrote:
> On 9/4/13 15:58 , Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> > On 4 September 2013 15:21, Poenitz Andre <Andre.Poenitz at digia.com> wrote:
> >> That's wasting our time, as predicted.
> >>
> >> ../../corelib/tools/qdatetime.cpp: In function 'time_t qt_mktime(QDate*,
> >> QTime*, QDateTimePrivate::Spec*, QString*, bool*)':
> >> ../../corelib/tools/qdatetime.cpp:258:34: error: comparison between
> >> signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Werror=sign-compare] cc1plus:
> >> all warnings being treated as errors
> >
> > How did the -Werror patch got integrated if qtbase doesn't build? Did
> > it cover more compilers than the ones available in CI?
>
> CI not using -developer-build I presume?

Yes, that's what I said in my email. It was highly unlikely that it would have
got integrated the first time if the builds used -Werror.

That's why there's an opt-in option: configure -warnings-are-errors (or
configure -Werror).

For those who do not want to participate in the fixing of warnings but still
want to do developer builds:
	configure -developer-build -no-warnings-are-errors