[Development] Making QScopedPointer scoped (again)

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu Sep 5 08:02:57 CEST 2013

On Wednesday 04 September 2013 20:09:38 Knoll Lars wrote:

> >You also can typedef QScopedPointer QUniquePointer; and deprecate the
> >former
> >name.
>
> typedef's are usually not such a good idea, as forward declarations won't
> work the way people expect them to.

Unrelated,   but i think we should do like the STL and forbid forward
declaration of Qt classes.

We could add some forward declaration headers that would be auto generated by
syncqt.
#include <QtCore_Fwd>
#include <QtWidget_Fwd>

That way, in Qt6 we can use typdefs, namespaces, change template parametters,

Note: I am not volunteering to make the suncqt change ;-)

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org