[Development] WebView for Android on track for Qt 5.2?

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Fri Sep 6 10:41:46 CEST 2013

On 09/05/2013 06:18 PM, Cornelius Hald wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> what is the state of WebView (QQ2) for Android? Is it still planed for
> Qt 5.2? Is there a branch to track somewhere? The bug report suggests
> that instead of using QtWebKit a wrapper around the Android-WebView is
> now planned.
>
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-32093
>
> Anything I could help you with?

Hi,

I've talked to the team working on the web engine in Qt in Digia, and
right now there are no resources to do work on this in Digia
unfortunately. It might be possible to do something specifically for
Android, but it would be a lot nicer to have a cross-platform solution
like the web engine guys initially planned, and I think this is needed
for iOS as well. I'll talk to the iOS team here, but I don't think it
sounds feasible that this will be done in the one and a half weeks we
have left before the Qt 5.2 feature freeze. Sorry :(

-- Eskil