[Development] WebView for Android on track for Qt 5.2?

Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt Eskil Eskil.Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt at digia.com
Mon Sep 9 07:52:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

So far there hasn't been much research on this, but the idea was to render it into a texture and use this in the QML scene graph, yes.

Any experience you collect on this will probably be very helpful. I think the path forward may be to make an Android-specific API for this that can easily be adapted to a cross-platform API later. That gives us a bit more flexibility as we do not have to commit to a cross-platform API right away. I can't give any promises as for the Qt version this will be targeted at yet, but I do understand that it's a very important feature, so I definitely want to have it as soon as at all possible.

Here's a blog which might be helpful if you're going to be looking at this:

http://anuraagsridhar.wordpress.com/2013/03/13/rendering-an-android-webview-or-for-that-matter-any-android-view-directly-to-opengl/

-- Eskil