[Development] Development Digest, Vol 23, Issue 123

Shane Kearns shane.kearns.qt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 19:45:20 CEST 2013

If you wanted to access a websocket service from native c++ or from QML
javascript, it would be quite hard to use webkit's implementation.
I expect you'd have to invoke some javascript inside the webkit engine to
do the request for you and get a result.

Websocket is an unpleasant workaround to the current state where many users
can only make outbound connections on TCP port 443, which prevents the TCP
ports being used as intended for multiplexing.