[Development] A QtCore class for event-driven jobs

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Mon Sep 9 19:46:00 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-09, Giuseppe D'Angelo <dangelog at gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed, but how about starting with an addon and then moving the
> classes inside QtCore? We can freely break API/ABI in addons -- when
> things get stabilized, we start including them in QTCore/QtNetwork...

I'm not sure what a addon containing 1 small class doing a multiple-year
long concept is going to be any good for.

The api has been stabilized and well tested since like forever.

Let's get a QAbstractJob heavily inspired by KJob in now.

A nice side effect of getting it in now is that the myriad of nice
frameworks KDE is preparing for ship could be built on QAbstractJob and
KDE could skip shipping KJob and move everything over to QAbstractJob
now and not after we in KDE has made our first release where we promise
to keep ABI and API stability.

/Sune