[Development] A QtCore class for event-driven jobs

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Sep 10 22:20:50 CEST 2013

On terça-feira, 10 de setembro de 2013 21:01:51, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> On 10.09.2013 08:16, Knoll Lars wrote:
> > Develop it in a playground project, show why it makes sense and once you
> > have a stable API let's discuss into which module it should go.
> An idea I already had when I saw the QUniquePoiner implementation:
>
> Couldn't we add a new branch to dev/stable/release, which is open for very
> experimental code? Creating a playground project just for one class is too
> complicated, and most people would not give them a try, but only switching
> a branch lowers the barrier a lot.

We're using Git, you can create your clone and publish it anywhere you'd like.

See all my experimental code:
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/thiago-intels-qtbase/

Everything is in the "master" branch. This branch rebases often.

If you want to publish your own class for QtCore, do that as well. People can
fetch and merge/cherry-pick your change in their trees.

I don't like the idea of a shared, experimental branch. How often will it get
nuked and cleaned, or rebased? Who approves stuff there? It also gives the
impression that the code will someday make into the release, which is not a
given.