[Development] [Feature] Q_INFO: Annotations for classes, methods, properties and enums

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Sep 10 22:26:30 CEST 2013

On terça-feira, 10 de setembro de 2013 21:03:24, Stefan Merettig wrote:
> Ah, sorry for that. I'm fine with that for now, the only little
> behaviour I want to add to this is the guarantee, that values
> appear sorted by their key in the same sequence they appear in
> in the code. So it behaves like a QMultiMap.

I'd rather you didn't do that. Just let it be undefined which order they appear
in and which one indexOf finds. I'd even go so far as to say there's no
guarantee that they are sequential.

Starting from there, we choose which behaviours we need to define so that the
feature is useful and usable.

Also note that you're contradicting yourself. If you have code:

	Q_INFO("a", "b") Q_INFO("foo", "bar") Q_INFO("a", "c")
	void func();

Then QMultiMap will move the middle element away. That is, it does not keep
insertion order of elements with different keys.

So you'll probably have to define that behaviour and choose between one of:
 a) all items are kept in declaration order
 b) all items with same key appear sequentially

What does Q_CLASSINFO do?