[Development] [Feature] Q_INFO: Annotations for classes, methods, properties and enums

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Sep 11 08:54:57 CEST 2013

On quarta-feira, 11 de setembro de 2013 08:33:35, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> I beleive that Thiago meant that JSON was out of question for describing
> the  properties in the actual source.
> But i would not necessarily rule it out for storing the data. moc already
> export some data using Qt's binary JSON, so this is still a valid option.

I would. I don't want qmetaobject.cpp to depend on JSON decoding. I already
think it's a mistake that it depends on QByteArrayData, to the point that I
run a binary-incompatible version of the meta object that has that removed.

It's fine for JSON-encoded data to be stored in the meta-object, provided that
it's completely transparent for QMetaObject & family. If you do that, you'll
need to get the char* from QMetaObject & family, then pass it to QJsonDocument
yourself.