[Development] QT4.8.5 issue: multi-touch message cannot handled by "close" button

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Fri Sep 13 08:47:38 CEST 2013

On 13 Sep 2013, at 7:53 AM, Duan Fugang-B38611 wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> We use the X.Org X Server 1.14.0 + QT4.8.5 to do one demo, but I  catch one issue: multi-touch message is not handled by “close” button.
>
> I use egalax touchscreen for the multi-touch test.
> After kernel up, evtest test the multi-touch message, all pass. Use xinput to do the test, also pass.
>
> Open one QT app, all multi-touch message can be processed, but the window of the app cannot be closed by click the “X” in the right-up region.
> I test GNOME destop with the same kernel,  any apps’ window can be closed.
>
> So, It is strange, maybe it is KDE issue for multi-touch ?
> Any response is appreciative.

This X button is the one provided by the window manager, right?  If you are running KDE then it must be kwin.  (Which is probably still using Qt 4)  But it probably relies on mouse emulation at some level to detect pressing that button.  Maybe the egalax driver or the X server does it, so that any legacy X11 apps will work.  (You can try really old X apps that definitely don't support touch, like xman, xmessage etc.)  If you have a widget-based application with a QPushButton, or a qml application with a MouseArea, can you press those via the touchscreen?  because they also need to get mouse events rather than touch events (so far).

Which driver is the X server using for the touchscreen?  (check /var/log/Xorg.0.log)