[Development] [QtSerialPort] Leaving from the project

Denis Shienkov scapig2 at yandex.ru
Fri Sep 20 10:42:28 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I feel a bit sorry about the email I sent out the other day. I was a bit
overheated, and I think this email content was a bit of exaggeration for the
real problems at hand. It is true that there were some pending changes for a
while (4-5 out of the 200-300 or more?), but rethinking it with a fresh mind, it
is not that bad, and there were some changes from Laszlo which got blocked by
us.

I have forgotten to mention that it was a previous policy (not decided by
Laszlo, but me and Sergey, so he cannot be blamed for that) that we all three (me,
Laszlo, and Sergey) need to like a change to go in. Reconsidering this
policy now with a fresh mind, I revoke the bad faith I had in my previous email
due to some hot frustration. He just had a different technical opinion about
certain changes, which is fine, and based on our previous policy, disagreements
inherently caused blocking for some changes.

It is also fine to be a bit absent at times due to health and other priorities.
As written, there were only 4-5 changes pending for a longer period than usual
(including changes from both of us), so we accepted now after a project meeting
what Laszlo proposed that I will try to make a hopefully not biased final
decision in those cases.

Since, it is actually only the minority, it will not change too much, but at
least those changes will not get stuck, and we can move on easier.

Apologies if it had caused any bad reputation to Laszlo. He does not
deserve that because of some misunderstanding, and maybe a non-working policy we
tried to apply. He helped to review a lot of my changes to make them better, or
support them, and he also made a lot of changes himself to make this library
progress ahead. I think we forgot the good moments for a bit which sometimes
needs to be pointed out as well. Luckily, that is the majority.

So, all in all, there is no issue currently unresolved, and the project will
move on fine. Sorry again, frustration can sometime draw up issues to look
bigger than they actually are.

Thus, I changed the mind and made the decision to remain and continue to keep the project.
So - do not worry! :)

Best regards,
Denis