[Development] QValidator in QtCore

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Sun Sep 22 23:28:48 CEST 2013

On Saturday 21 September 2013 19:13:41 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On domingo, 22 de setembro de 2013 02:21:40, Konstantin Ritt wrote:
> > I remember some classes were moved from QtXml to QtCore without breaking
> > the compatibility. Am I wrong?
>
> The moving did break compatibility. Which is why for Mac 32-bit builds, the
> classes aren't moved at all: we added new classes to QtCore and typedef'ed.
>
> That only broke source compatibility because you couldn't forward-declare
> those classes.

The name change was done using #define QXmlStreamWriter QCoreXmlStreamWriter
There is a comment saying it was done using typedef, but apparently it was
not. http://code.woboq.org/kde/qt4/src/corelib/xml/qxmlstream.h.html
So compatibility was not broken (but there was ugly macro)

I think this prove that this is possible.

(And for forward declaration, i think we should have header with them and
forbid them)

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org