[Development] Novice question for first-time contributions

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 13:42:09 CEST 2013

Hi All,

Couple of days back I had fixed 2 bugs: one was a low priority one [
QTBUG-33439 <https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-33439>] and
another was not evaluated yet
[QTBUG-32911<https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-32911>],
though a similar bug
[QTBUG-31753<https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-31753>]
was evaluated as important (they were essentially due the same problem).

I had pushed my changes to the ref- "refs/for/stable" (as shown in the
Gerrit wiki page). Is that correct or do I need to send it to the 'dev'
branch?

Also, whats the correct way to solicit a review? Should I check with
reviewer about his/her availability before adding them on Gerrit?

Thanks,
-mandeep