[Development] Minified javascript libraries in Qt source code

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 27 20:08:03 CEST 2013

On sexta-feira, 27 de setembro de 2013 18:12:32, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> On 27-Sep-2013 11:55 AM, "Jonathan Riddell" <jriddell at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > This also means we can't ship it in Ubuntu, preferred modifiable form is
>
> a requirement for free software
>
> > >  d) Ship the libraries unmodified from upstream and include a link to
>
> where
>
> > > they were obtained and where to obtain the non-minified sources.
> >
> > Pointing to somewhere else is not a valid way of providing a preferred
> > modifiable form because the link might get new versions or disappear.
>
> A good compromise is shipping both minified (for users) and unminified (for
> distributions). That's what I'm doing with Wt in Debian.

I understand, I'm just asking what the BKM for this should be.

For example, suppose we ship icons from a free set. Suppose the artists who
made the icons prefer to use SVG or Photoshop-specific file formats (PSD) and
suppose those are also available. But we can't use SVG, we need PNG, so we
ship the flattened, rasterised PNG files.

Should we also include the SVG/PSD files?