[Development] Bluetooth and NFC vs Reference Platforms

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Sep 30 17:38:36 CEST 2013

Qt Project guidelines say that all features that are relevant for the
reference platforms must be implemented in the reference platforms.

For NFC, I understand that Mac and Windows (desktop) support is not relevant.
However, on Linux, neard has existed for a while, so I say that Linux support
is valid and should be present in QtNfc before it's "ready for beta".

Similarly for Bluetooth, which exists on all platforms. But since I don't know
the QtBluetooth API, I don't know whether the API implemented makes sense for
the desktops. Can someone clarify?