[Development] Bluetooth and NFC vs Reference Platforms

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Mon Sep 30 20:40:23 CEST 2013

On 9/30/13 7:48 PM, "Konstantin Ritt" <ritt.ks at gmail.com> wrote:

>2013/9/30 Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll at digia.com>
>
>On 9/30/13 5:38 PM, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>>
>>Similarly for Bluetooth, which exists on all platforms. But since I don't
>>know
>>the QtBluetooth API, I don't know whether the API implemented makes sense
>>for
>>the desktops. Can someone clarify?
>

>Bluetooth makes sense on the desktop, and it will probably happen at some
>point, but right it's not there yet.
>

>Does making it an "official add-on" mean QtBluetooth BC/SC can not be
>broken after 5.2?
>If so, I'm pretty sure it is not ready yet and we could probably take
>that announcing back and postpone it until 5.3 (or maybe even 5.4).

And why do you believe they are not ready? Such a statement without any
facts/arguments to back it up doesn't help anybody.

I've been talking with Alex, who is the Maintainer of the modules, and as
far as I understood him they are ready.

Don't forget that the modules have been around since Qt 4.7 times, and
have undergone quite a few revisions and API changes/fixes.

Cheers,
Lars