[Development] Add API method to QDBusServer allowing anonymous authentication

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Sep 30 21:44:18 CEST 2013

On segunda-feira, 30 de setembro de 2013 20:02:47, Roland Winklmeier wrote:
> - First of all, is this something, that has a chance to get into the
> official repository?

Yes, definitely.

> - If yes, how should I proceed. Start developing it locally and send it
> to gerrit? I have of course read the Qt Contribution Guidelines, but the
> question is, do I have to ask someone in advance if this is in line with
> the roadmap and goals of the project?

You're allowed to make your own interpretation of the direction of the
project. The maintainer for the module in question gets to set general
direction only. For short-term decisions, including adding a small feature
here and there, all contributors are entitled to their decisions and can use
their brain matter to decide what's best for Qt.

Though, if you're in doubt, ask. We don't bite :-)

In this particular case, I'm all for it. Go ahead and submit it. I'll review
and provide feedback on the API and implementation.

As any new feature, it should be submitted to the dev branch of Qt. You can
work on top of stable, but the change needs to go into dev.