[Development] One 'qt' branch to rule 'em all!

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Tue Apr 1 22:58:19 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 03:07:13PM +0200, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> On 04/01/2014 02:00 PM, Joerg Bornemann wrote:
> > "Darn! I forgot to clone qtjsondb".
>
> You usually notice that very soon due to the lack of compile errors.

Compilation should be dropped anyway. Why spend time on such a pesky
process itself, let alone on fixing those negligible "problems" it
constantly complains about, like typos in rarely used source files?

I am convinced there exist sensible interpreted languages that can be used,
moving those non-issues off the developer's sholders. Doing the necessary
work on the end user's device surely increases reliability by simple
repetition, removes the need to spend CPU cycles on compilation in the CI
system, and also gives the user the cosy feeling (and the time to feel like
that) of being special by using an instance of the application that was
created _just in time_, only for this singularly important occasion.

Andre'