[Development] Harmonizing the Qt 5.x Documentation

Ariel Molina ariel at edis.mx
Wed Apr 2 18:07:19 CEST 2014

The current state of Qt docs is very sad, making online searches near to
useless. All Google searches refer either to broken pages, to 4.x doc
pages, to incomplete 5.0 unstables or even to 3.3 documentation. What's the
point on having 5.x (or any) docs if you keep moving them around hiding it
from search engines and breaking links on every site that links to you?

You might point a root folder, but, let's be honest, none uses any root
folder to search, everyone uses Google or another search engine.

Please whatever you do, do not break this anymore, the current state is
already messed up.

Ariel

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen <
oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 01:55:46PM +0000, Pasion Jerome wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback.
> >
> > We plan to deploy the redirects next week to avoid the Easter break;
> hopefully, Monday.
> >
> > Some more notes:
> > A) The Qt 5.0, 5.1, and 5.2 documentation sets are already hosted in the
> archives: http://doc.qt.digia.com/archives/index.html
> > There will be links to them from qt-project.org/doc/.
> >
> what sense does that make? qt-project.org should not have external
> dependencies.

Ariel Molina R.

Oficina: +52 (222) 3723196
Movil: +521 2226 758874