[Development] Qt 5.2, activeFocusItem, QMenu and QMenuItem (bug)

Hamidreza Davoodi hrdavodi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 17:33:32 CEST 2014

Hello there,
I'm encountering a problem with activeFocusItem in QQuickItem.
According to this example [1], when you click on something and menu
appears, it should be enabled. It actually did work in Qt 5.1 but not in Qt
5.2.
I debugged it and found out when menu raises the activeFocusItem loses the
last item which in this context is a TextInput and returns null (and also
quite possibly the menu itself gets focused on).

Is this a reported bug? cause I couldn't find anything like this.
Is there solution?

[1]
http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt-5.2/qtquickcontrols-controls-gallery-main-qml.html

--