[Development] qmake option to find qt library location

Sandeep sandeep at b-one.net
Wed Apr 9 15:41:21 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have an application which links to Qt shared libraries. I build the
application with Qt creator, so I manually configure the qmake to be chosen
by the qtcreator.  So all the qt libraries are automatically linked in
accordance to the qmake path.

Now after the application is built, I want to make an installer out of it,
using the Qt Installer framework.

But then I need to supply the qt shared libraries as part of the installer.
So now as part of writing the installer (using some scripts), how can I know
the installed location of qt libraries?

qmake -v gives the below output:

QMake version 3.0

Using Qt version 5.0.2 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

But is there a qmake option or any other mechanism which can directly give
the value "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu", otherwise I need to run qmake -v and
parse for the path.

Thanks,

-Sandeep