[Development] Spurious downloadProgress signal with incorrect bytesTotal when loading from cache

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 11:08:12 CEST 2014

Hi All,

While testing something with Qt 5.2, I found that if the HTTP content
was retrieved from cached after the _first_ time it was written to it,
then we will receive 2 downloadProgress() signals. The 1st one has a
bytesTotal value of -1 and bytesReceived of 0 (the 2nd signal has both
these set to 0). I was using QNetworkDiskCache for caching the
response. For subsequent requests I'm only seeing a single signal
being emitted albeit with both bytesTotal & bytesReceived set to 0.

Shouldn't these be having valid size values or is this expected
behaviour for cached content?

I guess the 1st signal (with incorrect size) being emitted is still a bug.

Couldn't find any exiting bug report for it, so I'll probably open a
new one. But before that I wanted to check here if someone's seen it
before?

Regards,
-mandeep