[Development] QWindow::setScreen() and QQuickWindow

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 18:54:15 CEST 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 6:18 AM, Rafael Roquetto
<rafael.roquetto at kdab.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 02:47:03PM +0200, Friedemann Kleint wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> actually re-creating the window is a bit wasteful given that the screens
>> are part of a larger virtual desktop in most cases. A move() would be
>> sufficient. The QWindow/QScreen logic as it is is somehow not well
>> suited for virtual desktops in which the screen is determined by the
>> geometry.
>
> I see your point, but in practice, specially in embedded systems, the "larger
> virtual desktop" premise is not valid. BlackBerry phones have an extra HDMI
> port apart from their own display that behaves idependently. Also, the way I
> came accross this bug was on an embedded system with two independent screens.
> I just wanted to let you know the context.
>
> So maybe we should go the documentation way?

It's best for now to just add the documentation over changing
behavior. At some point we need to harmonize the multi-screen APIs so
that it works consistently on desktop, embedded and mobile (because
currently it only works right on BlackBerry phones). But I believe
that's scheduled for after we harmonize the multi-window APIs to work
consistently on mobile (i.e. Android).

--
Alan Alpert