[Development] [QIODevice]How to correctly treat/understand of the documentation?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Apr 19 10:13:48 CEST 2014

Em sáb 19 abr 2014, às 10:42:27, Denis Shienkov escreveu:
> But still I didn't receive the concrete response: as to us to be?
>
> In a buffer mode is to use the "deferred" writing or the "immediately"
> writing?

You choose.

If you choose to write immediately in writeData(), justify.

Otherwise, follow existing practice. The following classes always buffer:
 - QProcess
 - QLocalSocket
 - QAbstractSocket
 - QSslSocket

Similarly, none of the classes above and neither QNetworkReply actually read
from the device in readData(). They only read from the buffer.

I haven't looked at what QWebSocket does.