[Development] Question about Qt's future

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at kdab.com
Mon Apr 21 18:49:08 CEST 2014

On Monday, 2014-04-21, 10:59:43, md at rpzdesign.com wrote:

> You can separate the GUI from the Model in C++ Classes as well, not just
> in QML/js vs C++ boundary.

Of course. I meant that the boundary makes it more obvious when you are
attemping logic within the UI since you very explicitly switch from
declarative to imperative code.

> Can Qt Widgets design pattern be brought forward using the same OpenGL
> foundation
> that QML uses to instantiate controls?

QML can instantiate widgets the same way it can instantiate QtQuick items.
It can instantiate any default constructible QObject subclass and most widgets
are in that category.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Qt Developer Days 2014, October 6 - 8 at BCC, Berlin. Save the dates!

Kevin Krammer | kevin.krammer at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer