[Development] Qt5.3 change files

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Tue Apr 22 11:17:02 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 02:23:09PM +0200, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> On 04/17/2014 01:38 PM, Heikkinen Jani wrote:
> > All maintainers: If your component doesn’t have 5.3 changes file yet,
> > please add it as soon as possible!
>
> I was under the impression that the changes file is generated from the
> [ChangeLog] entries in the git commit messages; or is this not the case?

i think that's a tad naive.
thiago's script is just a tool for the respective module maintainers
(and domain maintainers within modules), who are ultimately responsibile
for checking that the log is in good shape and complete. that is in no
way altered by thiago volunteering to provide the service of running the
script in all modules.