[Development] Qt 5.3 header diff

Andrey Ponomarenko aponomarenko at rosalab.ru
Thu Apr 24 11:16:20 CEST 2014

Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2014-04-23, Andrey Ponomarenko <aponomarenko at rosalab.ru> wrote:
>> I've created the ABI compatibility report between 5.2.1 and 5.3.0-beta
>> versions:
>> http://upstream-tracker.org/compat_reports/qt/5.2.1_to_5.3.0-beta/abi_compat_report.html
>>
>> Hope it may be helpful to analyse changes in headers.
> that abi tool is btw amazing.
>
> Is it the constant changes in bluetooth and pagesize and the changes to
> qopenglfunctionsprivate that gives the verdict:
>
> | Incompatible

Yes, it is. Changes marked by red colour in the report give incompatible
verdict. Other changes are low severity warnings. But anyway, all found
problems (both high- and low-severity ones) should be verified by
maintainers of the library in order to separate real problems, false
positives and changes in internal data types.

Thanks.

--
Andrey Ponomarenko, NTC IT ROSA.