[Development] QDoc error tracking tool

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 04:59:30 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I've been tracking QDoc errors in an Excel spreadsheet. It takes some
manual labour to convert the QDoc output into spreadsheet form, and
copy my existing notes into a new build.

So, in true hacker spirit, I made a tool to automate all that for me.
I've polished the code and published it at
https://github.com/JKSH/QDocErrorTracker -- I hope it's useful to
others, especially the doc team.

Features:
- Parses the STDERR output of the QDoc build process, to capture issues in the
  documentation source code. Captured issues are stored on disk.
- Displays captured issues in a spreadsheet. Spreadsheet is sortable by
  source repository, file path, error message, etc.
- Easy diff between any two builds.
- Captured issues can be annotated. Annotations automatically apply to all
  builds which contain this particular issue.

Regards,
Sze-Howe