[Development] new Qt5.3 RC snapshot available

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Mon Apr 28 09:51:36 CEST 2014

Hi all,

We have new snapshot available in http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.3/5.3.0-RC/2014-04-28_77/
These packages aren't yet official RC candidate packages but pretty close so please test these & verify your fixes!

We are trying to put RC out during this week so please inform me immediately if you find something which Is blocking the release!

Qt5 changes in this snapshot:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,84082 :
Patch Set 2:

* qtbase b0d996a...93c6976 (17):
> Un-export QSignalBlocker: its all inline
> Fix vcxproj generation on Windows Phone
> QPrintEngine - Fix alpha engine state sync
> QSqlError: Mark deprecated functiond with QT_DEPRECATED
> Cocoa: Make Qt::Tool windows hide on deactivate
> Android: Add "unversioned_libname" configuration
> document new QTPLUGIN magic
> Android input method fixes for SwiftKey
> QAbstractSocket: enable read notification for unbuffered sockets
> Dont crash on broken GIF images
> Deprecate setSharable in Qt containers
> QOpenGLFunctions: Compile on Mac OS 10.6
> Update the changelog for 5.3.0
> Document QStrings UTF-8 conversion behaviors
> Restore handling of BOMs in QString::fromUtf8
> doc fixes
> deprecate import_qpa_plugin and qpa_minimal_plugin

* qtdeclarative a885d10...a1eb134 (4):
> Getting the render window of an offscreen window
> V4 regalloc: fix register spill choice under high pressure.
> Fix crash when loading QML that tries to set non-existent group properties
> Fix parsing of JS imports from JS files

* qtdoc 66ade86...2e30101 (5):
> Doc: List more platforms on Building from Sources page
> Doc: Sort Enginio link alphabetically
> Doc: List Qt Quick Dialogs on the Qt modules page.
> Doc: Removed the instructions to build from sources
> Doc: Mention OpenSSL in Qt for Windows requirements

* qtenginio c7531f6...0db2d18 (1):
> Doc: Add QML Todo example to the list of highlighted examples

* qtlocation f81aac0...2b7eebe (1):
> Remove unnecessary private export macro

* qtquick1 c56f5d8...96c2c1a (1):
> Add 5.3 Changelog

* qtquickcontrols 80c4404...cdbf664 (1):
> Correct positioning for popups in QQuickWidget

* qtsensors 8a0da79...43e7f32 (1):
> Add QtSensor changelog for Qt 5.3.0

Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager

Digia Plc
Elektroniikkatie 10, FI 90590 Oulu Finland
Email: jani.heikkinen at digia.com<mailto:jani.heikkinen at digia.com>
Mobile: +358-504-873-735
Visit us at: www.digia.com<http://www.digia.com/>
| Blog<http://blog.digia.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/digiaonline> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/5119> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/digiaonline> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/digiaonline> |
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it. Digia Plc does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message.