[Development] Question about Qt's future

Tony Van Eerd tvaneerd at blackberry.com
Mon Apr 28 18:01:20 CEST 2014

> On 25.04.2014 12:18, Joerg Bornemann wrote:
> >
> > Yep, I hear people keep repeating the mantra "QML is declarative. It's
> > just QML/JS that isn't."
>
> I think the "declarative-mantra" is a good idea, especially when used for
> _specifying_ (not programming) the GUI.
>
> At Adobe they tried it with pure C++
>
> http://stlab.adobe.com/group__asl__overview.html#asl_overview_adam_a
> nd_eve_architecture
> which consequently ended up in a template/boost massacre. Looks like is is
> dead now.

https://github.com/stlab

"I'm not dead.  I'm getting better.  I think I'll go for a walk."

Sean Parent left Adobe for a while (was at Google) but now is back at Adobe, and there seems to be life in ASL again (and it wasn't exactly dead when he was gone either).

The code might be templates/boost (is that a bad thing?) but the declarative language is pretty straightforward.