[Development] [Interest] GridView

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Wed Apr 30 11:43:50 CEST 2014

On 30 Apr 2014, at 2:37 AM, Joshua Kolden wrote:

> I get strange scrolling behavior with QML's GridView on OSX with with a touchpad doing the typical two finger scrolling gesture.  Click drag seems to be doing what two finger click drag should be.  Is this a bug or am I missing a step?

Click drag is supported for use with a plain old mouse, although I've always thought that's a dubious use case given that most mice have wheels and given that mouse emulation on touchscreens ought to go away over time.  The OSX trackpad emulates a wheel when you flick with two fingers, so that should work too.

> Also I have a large data base (orm) of image assets that I display in the grid view and get periodic updates from the server with ‘windows’ of data about 1000 items long.  Any tips on segmenting ListModels to allow for continuos scrolling of large datasets like this?  Is it safe to just let the y displacement accumulate to very large numbers?

I don't have experience with that yet.