[Development] QOpenGLWidget vs. QGLWidget

Yves Bailly Yves.Bailly at verosoftware.com
Fri Aug 1 08:06:06 CEST 2014

On 31/07/2014 20:03, Agocs Laszlo wrote:
> Yes, setViewport() will continue to work with QOpenGLWidget too.

Great! :-)

> Note that all this does not mean existing code has to migrate away from QGLWidget.
 > It is not going to disappear. If it works, just keep using it.

Fine, however QGLWidget's status moving to "deprecated" is the first step
on the road to "obsolete", then sooner or later "removed"... So I guess
new codes should use QOpenGLWidget, while old ones should migrate little
by little.

Is there already some doc somewhere, describing the differences between
QGLWidget and QOpenGLWidget? not only the API, also the internals maybe.

Regards,

--
      /- Yves Bailly - Software developer   -\
      \- Sescoi R&D  - http://www.sescoi.fr -/