[Development] [docs/c++] How do we deal with the special member functions (copy/move ctor/assignment operator, dtor, default ctor)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Aug 2 18:21:20 CEST 2014

On Friday 01 August 2014 23:16:40 Marc Mutz wrote:
> That leaves the question how to deal with the documentation for these
> implicit  members.

Why do we have to document them in the first place? I hate having to write
documentation for a destructor that simply says "frees resources associated
with this object". That much is obvious: any self-respecting destructor will
do that and the same applies to copy and move constructors.

What we really want is to document which objects are copyable and which ones
aren't. And that is very simple: any object with Q_DISABLE_COPY is not
copyable, (almost) everything else is.